Sonora Gold Corp. content-type content▼type (content-type%)

VANCOUVER, B.C., October 11, 2007 - Mont Blanc Resources Inc. (TSX-V: MTN) (the "Company") Mr. Jens Biertumpel provides an update on Mexico mining claims: As previously announced on September 17, 2007, the Company entered into an option agreement to purchase three separate mineral claims in the state of Sonora, Mexico. Under the agreement the Company will have the right to earn a 100% interest in the properties, namely Brenda, Los Pavitos and Christina.

argaiv1335

Upon exercise of the option for each property, the Company will commence a systematic reconnaissance exploration program, including rock-chip sampling, geological mapping, and geophysics in order to determine each property's potential.

The Brenda Property covers 10,000 hectares and is located approximately 35 kilometres northeast of Navojoa in the state of Sonora, Mexico. The property adjoins the Las Minitas Project of Pershimco Resources Inc. In 2006, Pershimco's joint venture partner, Tara Gold Resources Corporation announced an Indicated Mineral Resource of 13,534,398 metric tonnes @ 7.58 oz/t or 102,590,736.8 ounces of silver based upon re-evaluation of historical data. The geology of the Brenda Property exhibits similar rock types and structures that host mineralization observed at Las Minitas. Several old mine workings, predominately gold, are present throughout the Brenda Property.

The Los Pavitos Property lies directly south of the Brenda Property, covering 10,000 hectares, is located approximately 35 kilometres southeast of Navojoa, Sonora. Los Pavitos hosts similar geology to the Brenda Property. Small-scale copper and gold mining have taken place historically throughout the property. The property hosts similar age copper-bearing intrusives as observed at the Piedras Verdes Mine located 30 kilometres to the northeast. The Piedras Verdes Mine has been in production since October, 2006 by Frontera Copper Corporation. The mine has Proven and Probable Reserves of 191 metric tonnes @ 0.36% CuT.

The Christina Property is located 25 kilometres south-southeast of Alamos, Sonora and covers 10,000 hectares. The property is located northeast and east and adjoins Pan America Silver Corporation's Alamo Dorado Mine. The Alamo Dorado Mine has Proven and Probable Reserves of 12,436,000 metric tonnes @ 112 g Ag/t or 44,916,424 oz of silver. The geology of the Christina is similar to that observed at Alamo Dorado. A preliminary and limited review of the property identified numerous old copper, gold, and silver workings that were previously exploited.

The technical information in this news release has been provided by Michael H. Sandidge, P.Geo. a qualified person as defined by National Instrument Policy 43-101. Mr. Sandidge acknowledges that the property specific data is historical and believed to be accurate but should not be relied upon.

Company Contacts:

Mr. Jens Biertumpel
CEO
604-642-6165
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it  

Dennis Petke, CA
CFO
604-642-6122
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it  

Except for historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially. Any statements regarding the company's future financial position, revenues, earnings, plans and objectives are forward-looking statements. Mont Blanc will not update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof. More detailed information about potential factors that could affect financial results is included in the documents filed from time to time with the Canadian Securities regulatory authorities by Mont Blanc. The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of the contents herein.

Subscribe to our News Alerts

*Email:

Properties

Negese Property

Contact

Sonora Gold & Silver Corp.
210 - 905 West Pender St.
Vancouver, BC V6C 1L6

Tel: 604 398 5396